GDPR requires us to have your explicit consent to keep your data for the purpose of providing you with the wedding or party services you request.
By visiting this website you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
Weddings by Terry Lewis Ltd (the “Company”) respects the privacy concerns of the users of this website www.djterryjlewis.com therein (the “Site”). The Company thus provides this privacy statement to explain what information is gathered during a visit to the Site and how such information may be used.
This policy sets out the basis on which any Personal Data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your Personal Data. By visiting the Site you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
Information we may collect from you
“Personal Data” is information that relates to and can be used to identify you, including allowing someone to contact you.
We may collect and process Personal Data including:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing for information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, information you provide when you make payment or service requests through our Site as applicable, requests for information, traffic data and location data.
This also includes information provided to us by third parties about you, including information from our third party business partners, analytics providers and search information providers. Please read those third parties’ terms carefully.
Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is transferred and stored on secure servers that are controlled by DJ Event Planner. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer and storage. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you (whether personal, demographic, collective or technical) in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer and manage your registration, responding to any queries you may have, operating and improving our site and our products, fostering a positive user experience and delivering the products and services that we offer.
- To take corrective action in respect of any of the products or services we supply.
- To provide you, directly or through permitted select third parties (via e mail or other communications) with information or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our products or services.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Information we disclose.
- We may disclose your Personal Data to other people if we are under a duty to do so to comply with any legal obligation, rule or regulatory request, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Weddings by Terry Lewis Ltd and users of this Site, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may disclose your Personal Data to select third parties including but not limited to advertisers, business partners, analytics providers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, or to enable us to provide you with a service related to this Site, e.g. enhancing your browsing experience or processing payments you make through this site.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that we have no control over their contents. These websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
Your rights and how to opt out
If you do not want us to use your Personal Data as described in this policy, please do not use this website, or if you are subscribed to our list(s) please request instant removal by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. We will only process your Personal Data for marketing purposes if you authorise us to do so by given your explicit consent.
Access to information
You have the right to access and update Personal Data held about you.
Data protection information
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website at http://ico.gov.uk.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
Last Updated: 22 May 2018